Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
‘Fugitive of the Week’ arrested in Brockton, Mass., Thursday
A man featured Wednesday as the “Fugitive of the Week” was arrested early Thursday morning in Brockton, Mass.
Tyler Root, 25, was being sought on an arrest warrant issued by Belknap County Superior Court for failure to appear on a charge of sexual assault on a minor.
After various news outlets, including the New Hampshire Union Leaer, publicized that law enforcement officials were looking for Root, members of the U.S. Marshals task forces in New Hampshire and Massachusetts received anonymous tips, leading them to a Vine Street address in Brockton, Mass.
Thursday morning, the Massachusetts U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force, including members from Brockton police and Massachusetts State Police, Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section, along with deputy U.S. Marshals, converged on the Vine Street residence where Root was located and arrested without incident.
He was taken to the Brockton police station for processing on the charge of being a fugitive from justice on the outstanding New Hampshire arrest warrant.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917