Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man who threatened Salem store worker with syringe to plead guilty
BRENTWOOD — A man who claimed he had AIDS when he threatened to jab a syringe into a loss prevention worker in a Salem department store has agreed to plead guilty to felony robbery and theft charges.
Victor Deleon, 39, of Lawrence, Mass., will plead guilty to charges that he threatened the worker Feb. 4 at a Lowe’s Home Improvement store in Salem, according to court records.
Terms of the deal have not yet been made public, but court documents indicate Deleon will enter a residential treatment program as part of his sentence.
Deleon could face up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison, but the plea deal indicates he will likely receive a lesser sentence for entering a guilty plea.
He is expected to change his plea on Nov. 4 in Rockingham County Superior Court and be sentenced on the same day.
Salem police say Deleon and his partner are suspected of stealing from several Lowe’s stores in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
The loss prevention worker, Craig Brewer, confronted Deleon after he allegedly tried to steal saw blades from the store, according to prosecutors.
Brewer told police he backed off once Deleon took the needle from his pocket and said “I have AIDS,” police said.
Deleon fled from the Route 28 store moments after the attempted shoplifting. He carried out the heist with an alleged partner, Victor Garcia, 32, of Lawrence, Mass., who is being sought by police.
Lowe’s loss prevention staff told police they believe the two men are responsible for similar thefts at area stores based on information they’ve collected.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424