October is Polish American heritage month at Claremont's St. Joseph Church
On Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 6:30 p.m., the 24th annual Polish cooking class will be held in St. Joseph Church Hall, 58 Elm St.
Call Sharon Wood at 542-6454 or Arline Marro at 542-5933 to register so that enough food can be prepared.
The 28th annual Mass and coffee hour will be held on Sunday, Oct. 27, at 10 a.m. The Mass will feature hymns sung in Polish, followed by a coffee hour in the church hall with traditional Polish pastries served.
There is no charge, although donations are welcome.
Since 2005, The Old Courthouse, Main Street, Newport, has participated in the celebration by featuring a special menu of Polish cuisine during the last week of October.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test