October is Polish American heritage month at Claremont's St. Joseph Church
On Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 6:30 p.m., the 24th annual Polish cooking class will be held in St. Joseph Church Hall, 58 Elm St.
Call Sharon Wood at 542-6454 or Arline Marro at 542-5933 to register so that enough food can be prepared.
The 28th annual Mass and coffee hour will be held on Sunday, Oct. 27, at 10 a.m. The Mass will feature hymns sung in Polish, followed by a coffee hour in the church hall with traditional Polish pastries served.
There is no charge, although donations are welcome.
Since 2005, The Old Courthouse, Main Street, Newport, has participated in the celebration by featuring a special menu of Polish cuisine during the last week of October.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 4
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition