New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief
MANCHESTER — The Manchester VAMC will host an open house or new enrollment for health care on Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., in the teaching and education conference room on the first floor.
Bring a DD214 along with a government ID.
Contact Judy at 624-4366, extension 2291 for more information.
CONCORD — Rock the Regiment, a non-profit rock music concert to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project, is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 28, at Tandy's Top Shelf, 1 Eagle Square.
Rock the Regiment will feature area bands Hanging Scarlet, A Simple Complex, with special guest Charlie Farren.
The Wounded Warrior Project provides services to returning service members and their families.
All profits will go to the Wounded Warrior Project.
For more information, contact Joe Cadrette, event director at 783-0103.
The VAMC Manchester is planning for walk-in flu clinics for all eligible veterans.
No appointment is needed.
Here are the dates and times:
Monday, Sept. 30, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 1, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 4, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Also, the VAMC drive-through flu clinics will be available to all eligible veterans until Monday, Sept. 16, in building 7, from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The CBOC's will also be providing flu vaccines during regular scheduled appointments this fall.
VSF grant to Nashua dental group will help veterans
NASHUA — The Veterans Support Foundation recently awarded a $10,000 grant to the Greater Nashua Dental Connection.
"Over the last few years, we've seen a huge increase in veterans seeking treatment at the clinic from all throughout the state. Some are 22 years old and need specialized emergency care while some are seniors in need of affordable dentures. There just aren't enough programs to help them and we knew we had to do something," said Dee Twomey, GNDC business manager. "This grant will make a big difference to allow us to help so many men and women who have served our country," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 4
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election