Tom Herzig's Trackside: ACT title in Helliwell’s hands as last race looms
On Track This WeekendMonadnock: Saturday, 2 p.m.
White Mountain: Saturday, 6 p.m.
Star Speedway: Saturday, 6 p.m.
Hudson : Sunday, 1 p.m.
Peabody led the point parade much of the year. Even if he can’t overtake Baldwin, he’s a contender for a “Most Sponsors for a Strictly (ever!) Award.” The list includes his buddy Dave Damphousse’s business, Ward’s Woodworking, Kingston, Arrow Auto Repair, Lakeside Sport and Marine of Shapleigh, Maine, Seacoast Property Repair, Matthew’s Auto Body, Blackstone Paving of Manchester, M&W Auto Repair of Hooksett, Shorey Racing and Sanford Sign & Graphics. Peabody’s girlfriend, Katy Simpson, works on the car, too.
As Baldwin and Peabody are likely aware, Augevich has gone into the final double points race in third place each of the last two years and came out as the champion.
Monadnock’s season finale, with eight divisions in action, goes Saturday at 2 p.m.
Tom Herzig’s column appears weekly in the New Hampshire Union Leader. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 12
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 31
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council