Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Man indicted in brutal assault on Bedford doctor, wife during home invasion
Dr. Eduardo W. Quesada, 52, and his wife, Sonia, 29, returned to their luxury home at 7 Proclamation Court about 10 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 24, and found at least one intruder inside. (Union Leader file photo)
Charles Normil , 32, formerly of Lawrence and Worcester, Mass., was indicted on 13 offenses including first and second degree assault, four counts of rape alleging he assaulted Sonia Quesada, 29, with a coat hanger, and attempted murder accusing him of stabbing Dr. Eduardo Quesada, 52, repeatedly in the head with a screwdriver.
The Hillsborough County Superior Court North grand jury handed up the indictments which were made public Thursday.
Normil and another man, who is not identified in the indictments, broke into the couple's 7 Proclamation Court home about 10 p.m. on Nov. 24, according to authorities. Normil allegedly tried to kill the physician by repeatedly stabbing him in the head with a screwdriver. The doctor suffered severe facial wounds, broken bones and bleeding in his brain.
Normil also allegedly repeatedly sexually and physically assaulted Sonia Quesada, who lost sight in one eye. Their 2-year-old daughter was unharmed.
Sonia Quesada was found dead Jan. 7 at her mother-in-law's Bedford home from an overdose of prescription medication. Her death was not a homicide, though manner of death was undetermined.
Hillsborough County Attorney Patricia LaFrance said she was not releasing the name of the second man, who is in federal custody.
She said she has not talked with Dr. Quesada since the indictments, but said he was relieved when investigators notified him that they had two suspects and both were being detained on other charges and off the streets.
Normil is being held in the Essex County jail in Middleton, Mass., on charges related to another home invasion in the Bay State. She will be contacting Massachusetts prosecutors to coordinate the cases and decide on the next step.
She said she did not believe there were strict time restraints in bringing the prosecution, since Normil is being held on criminal charges and awaiting trial in another state, but she said there are also the rights of the victim to have the case resolved.
Normil was indicted on four assault charges, one each of first degree assault and second degree assault in the attacks on Quesada and his wife.
He also was indicted on one count each of burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary, and two counts of falsifying physical evidence, for tossing the doctor's wallet in some woods and discarding clothing.
LaFrance declined to talk about Quesada's recovery, citing his right to privacy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 1
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Giving Max effort for the Wildcats - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483