Pinkerton Academy educator named 2014 New Hampshire Teacher of the Year
"In order to help our students develop the skills and innovative thinking necessary to succeed in the 21st century economy, New Hampshire needs engaging, high quality teachers like Joseph Lee," Gov. Maggie Hassan said.
Lee received the award in the school's gymnasium as about 3,000 Pinkerton Academy students were on hand for a pep rally.
Lee has been busy this past week coordinating an exchange program with Pinkerton's sister high school in China. Fourteen sophomores from Tanggu No. 1 school near Beijing have been visiting with Pinkerton students. Lee is the high school's advisor to the China Exhange program.
The 29-year-old has spent his entire 6-year teaching career at Pinkerton. The selection committee recognized his conviction and passion to teaching, the energy he brings to the classroom and his philosophy of making every student better, according to the New Hampshire Department of Education.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Babe Ruth baseball signups set in Manchester
Fisher Cats tickets to go on sale Saturday
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief