Pinkerton Academy educator named 2014 New Hampshire Teacher of the Year
"In order to help our students develop the skills and innovative thinking necessary to succeed in the 21st century economy, New Hampshire needs engaging, high quality teachers like Joseph Lee," Gov. Maggie Hassan said.
Lee received the award in the school's gymnasium as about 3,000 Pinkerton Academy students were on hand for a pep rally.
Lee has been busy this past week coordinating an exchange program with Pinkerton's sister high school in China. Fourteen sophomores from Tanggu No. 1 school near Beijing have been visiting with Pinkerton students. Lee is the high school's advisor to the China Exhange program.
The 29-year-old has spent his entire 6-year teaching career at Pinkerton. The selection committee recognized his conviction and passion to teaching, the energy he brings to the classroom and his philosophy of making every student better, according to the New Hampshire Department of Education.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Who scares Shaheen? She wants to stop Scott Brown - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 8
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 73
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 57
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 59
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America