Pinkerton Academy educator named 2014 New Hampshire Teacher of the Year
"In order to help our students develop the skills and innovative thinking necessary to succeed in the 21st century economy, New Hampshire needs engaging, high quality teachers like Joseph Lee," Gov. Maggie Hassan said.
Lee received the award in the school's gymnasium as about 3,000 Pinkerton Academy students were on hand for a pep rally.
Lee has been busy this past week coordinating an exchange program with Pinkerton's sister high school in China. Fourteen sophomores from Tanggu No. 1 school near Beijing have been visiting with Pinkerton students. Lee is the high school's advisor to the China Exhange program.
The 29-year-old has spent his entire 6-year teaching career at Pinkerton. The selection committee recognized his conviction and passion to teaching, the energy he brings to the classroom and his philosophy of making every student better, according to the New Hampshire Department of Education.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major in Alton during weekend - 2
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 4
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law