Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry woman injured by I-93 highway sign crashing through windshied
Police said Kristen Patch, 28, was traveling southbound in the Salem area earlier this week when a three-legged constructions sign went airborne, crashing through her windshield and striking her face with one of its tripod legs.
Patch was transported to Lawrence General Hospital, where she was treated for severe facial injuries, according to police reports.
She underwent surgery on Wednesday and remains hospitalized as of Friday afternoon, a call to the hospital confirmed. Word on Patch’s condition wasn't immediately available.
Contacted on Friday morning, Bill Boynton, public information officer for the State Department of Transportation, said Patch had retained legal counsel and he declined to comment on the matter.
Boynton referred all inquires to state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: North beats Memorial, advances in hockey tourney - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Campbell, Bergeon roll into quarterfinals - 0
- Rask stops 16 shots as B's blank Caps - 0
- Several union deals on Windham ballots - 0
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 0
- Londonderry set to vote on school repairs - 0
Several union deals on Windham ballots
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Londonderry set to vote on school repairs
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax