Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry woman injured by I-93 highway sign crashing through windshied
Police said Kristen Patch, 28, was traveling southbound in the Salem area earlier this week when a three-legged constructions sign went airborne, crashing through her windshield and striking her face with one of its tripod legs.
Patch was transported to Lawrence General Hospital, where she was treated for severe facial injuries, according to police reports.
She underwent surgery on Wednesday and remains hospitalized as of Friday afternoon, a call to the hospital confirmed. Word on Patch’s condition wasn't immediately available.
Contacted on Friday morning, Bill Boynton, public information officer for the State Department of Transportation, said Patch had retained legal counsel and he declined to comment on the matter.
Boynton referred all inquires to state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: Nashua man accused of beating girlfriend - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation