Kings prospect Linden Vey's day seems to be coming
Location, location, location.
Rest assured, Muzzin wasn't directing his arm at the mucker-and-grinder section. It was more like the Justin Williams-Jarret Stoll-Anze Kopitar wing.
The NHL contracts in camp - as well as the salary-cap considerations - suggest the kids will start the season in Manchester, barring a major surprise, and the words "youth movement" aren't traditionally associated with Kings Coach Darryl Sutter.
Team executives think Vey will make his NHL debut at some point this season. Toffoli appeared in 10 games with the Kings last season and 12 more in the playoffs, and Pearson made his NHL debut in the second round of the playoffs, playing in one game.
"That whole line is like when (Ron) Cey, (Bill) Russell, (Davey) Lopes and (Steve) Garvey were all in the minors together," Lombardi said of the storied Dodgers infielders.
Vey, who turned 22 in July, said the hope is that they can make the squad "one by one." Drafted in the fourth round in 2009, he has had plenty of meetings with Lombardi.
"He's usually pretty honest about how he is playing," Shaun said. "If anything, he's a little bit hard on himself at times. If he tells me he's played OK, I think he played good. If he says he played bad, he probably didn't play as bad as he thinks."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 2
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch