Manchester Invitational XC set for Saturday
"We're going to have 136 schools in our meet Saturday," said Coby Jacobus, head coach at Manchester Central. "This is going to be a talented field. Many outstanding runners are coming because Manchester will be hosting the New England championships on Nov. 9 at Derryfield Park."
Locally in the boys' field Jacobus said Bishop Guertin of Nashua, Oyster River of Durham, Merrimack Valley of Penacook, Pinkerton Academy of Derry and Bedford have the talent to place high in the team standings.
"The girls' teams are wide open. There's so many teams to mention I'd hate to leave a few out. It's that competitive and close this year."
On the boys' side, top runners include Joe Settineri of Salem, Damon Kilgore of Londonderry, Abram Gagnon of Central, Justin Trott of Winnacunnet, Tristan Winship of Bedford and Jeremy Brassard of Coe-Brown.
In each race the top five individuals will determine a team's score. Entries in the races will be limited to seven runners per team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 25
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 2
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 82
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 5
- American blessing: The Pilgrims and self-reliance - 20
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up