Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police arrest bicycle bank robber in Portsmouth
Jamie Pointer, 27, of 115 Ledgewood Drive, was charged with one count of robbery and is being held on $50,000 cash bail. Pointer is scheduled for arraignment Monday.
Police began searching the area following the 2 p.m. robbery at 254 State St. Witnesses told police they were looking for a man who changed clothes and left on a bike.
Detectives worked with bank employees to obtain photographs of the suspect that were broadcast to area police departments and media outlets.
Portsmouth Police Sgt. Aaron Goodwin and Det. Rochelle Jones recognized the pictures might be a person known to police. Officers were asked to be on the lookout for that person and anyone else possibly matching the description.
At 3 p.m., New Hampshire State Police Trooper Anthony Cattabrigga located a man on Grafton Road matching the surveillance photographs and helped detain him.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917