Home » Sports » College Sports
High-flying Lehigh will be a test for UNH
Many college football teams will have played five games by the time Saturday is over.
The University of New Hampshire is a bit behind. The Wildcats did not play the first weekend of the season and then were off last week.
UNH must slow down Lehigh senior quarterback Brandon Bialkowski, who had not thrown a pass before this season, and his high-powered offense this afternoon.
Bialkowski has completed 84 of his 125 passes for 1,171 yards and has thrown nine touchdown passes and been intercepted four times.
The Mountain Hawks are also giving up 500.3 yards of offense a game.
The Wildcats get a few players back from injury, thanks in part to having last week off.
Andy Vailas, the junior quarterback out of Bedford and Bishop Guertin High School in Nashua, has completed 34 of his 51 passes (64.2 percent) for 369 yards and three touchdowns. He has thrown one interception.
- - - -
Dartmouth takes on Holy Cross tonight at 7 in its home opener. The Big Green beat Butler, 30-23 on the road last week. Holy Cross is 1-3. . . . Plymouth State plays at UMass-Dartmouth today at 4. The Panthers are 1-2. UMass-Dartmouth is 0-2.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: City champ eyes state title - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race