Home » Sports » College Sports
High-flying Lehigh will be a test for UNH
Many college football teams will have played five games by the time Saturday is over.
The University of New Hampshire is a bit behind. The Wildcats did not play the first weekend of the season and then were off last week.
UNH must slow down Lehigh senior quarterback Brandon Bialkowski, who had not thrown a pass before this season, and his high-powered offense this afternoon.
Bialkowski has completed 84 of his 125 passes for 1,171 yards and has thrown nine touchdown passes and been intercepted four times.
The Mountain Hawks are also giving up 500.3 yards of offense a game.
The Wildcats get a few players back from injury, thanks in part to having last week off.
Andy Vailas, the junior quarterback out of Bedford and Bishop Guertin High School in Nashua, has completed 34 of his 51 passes (64.2 percent) for 369 yards and three touchdowns. He has thrown one interception.
- - - -
Dartmouth takes on Holy Cross tonight at 7 in its home opener. The Big Green beat Butler, 30-23 on the road last week. Holy Cross is 1-3. . . . Plymouth State plays at UMass-Dartmouth today at 4. The Panthers are 1-2. UMass-Dartmouth is 0-2.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: City champ eyes state title - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch