Lost Mass. hikers led out of White Mountain National Forest
Conservation officers received a call at about 8 p.m. Sunday that the three women were lost near the Bolles Trail, about 2½ miles from the trail head in Albany.
But that trail has been damaged by heavy storms that washed out bridges and made sections difficult to follow.
Cell phone GPS signals were used to track the women and Conservation Officers made their way through the washed-out sections of trail to find them.
They were led uninjured out of the woods at about 12:30 am. Sunday after a 70-minute trip back down the mountain.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- (No heading) - 0
- League of NH Craftsmen’s Fair to feature more than 200 craft booths, with workshops, exhibitions and demos - 0
- Pittsfield Rotary Hot Air Balloon Rally to lift off - 0
- 'New England Cove' on display through August 30 - 0
- Rock-blues band Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes in Hampton - 0
- Chainsaws, Guitars and Laughs - 0
- Antiques Week brings treatures to the table in NH - 0
- The Band Perry to play in Gilford - 0
- 3 Doors Down cranks down the volume with unplugged Seacoast concert - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting