Lost Mass. hikers led out of White Mountain National Forest
Conservation officers received a call at about 8 p.m. Sunday that the three women were lost near the Bolles Trail, about 2½ miles from the trail head in Albany.
But that trail has been damaged by heavy storms that washed out bridges and made sections difficult to follow.
Cell phone GPS signals were used to track the women and Conservation Officers made their way through the washed-out sections of trail to find them.
They were led uninjured out of the woods at about 12:30 am. Sunday after a 70-minute trip back down the mountain.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nominations open for Salem Children's Champion Award - 0
- Cornucopia Project continues free film series - 0
- NH's 4,000-footers pose no challenge for Dusty - 0
- Londonderry Travel Plaza is open for business - 0
- Amherst race to honor fallen athlete - 0
- Just under 100 participate in Kiwanis ice fishing derby - 0
- Snow sculpting attracts competitors to Jackson - 0
- Snowmobilers strut their sleds at Trail Breaker event - 0
- Alzheimer’s cafes offered at several NH spots - 0
Harrigan closes up camp
Amherst race to honor fallen athlete
Donna Powers: NH needs casinos
Anthem breach will haunt NH 'forever'
Reading lessons from the Supreme Court
Jonah Goldberg: Is liberalism exhausted?