Ted Siefer's City Hall: Candidates remain casual about campaign finance rules
With the deadline having now come and gone for the first required filing for the 2013 municipal election, it appears there has been some modest improvement. As of the Sept. 17 primary, only a few candidates had failed to submit their 10-days-before-primary financial reports, listing contributions and spending to the City Clerk.
"The problem is," he added, "the (city) clerk has no enforcement ability."
The city clerk's office probably would beg to differ.
"The reason for the school board this year becoming a member is mainly because of the services that can be rendered around policy, and to make sure policies of the board are matching (other districts)," she said.
Gatsas suggested that it wasn't worth $7,700 just to have another set of eyes review the district's policy book.
Levasseur and Sullivan, each in their own way, challenged AT&T's contention that the Mammoth Road location was the only viable place for a tower. Levasseur noted that his wife has AT&T. "In fact, my wife keeps telling me I should get on AT&T because she doesn't have any dropped calls," he told the board.
After the hearing, she said she was happy to have an ally in Levasseur, at least on this cause. "What's that they say? The enemy of my enemy is my friend sometimes," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Ted Seifer's City Hall: Residency requirement for school official: Gatsas objects - 8
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Mayor's race shaping up to be a historic one - 5
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Driver's ed program had been run into the ditch - 2
- Proposed tuition rates met with silence in Hooksett - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester residents made it their business to vote - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Teacher patience tested over how students are assessed - 6
- City hall: Police officer residency issue will have to be dealt with - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 6
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Concerns about Ebola part of aldermen's discussion - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'