Ted Siefer's City Hall: Candidates remain casual about campaign finance rules
With the deadline having now come and gone for the first required filing for the 2013 municipal election, it appears there has been some modest improvement. As of the Sept. 17 primary, only a few candidates had failed to submit their 10-days-before-primary financial reports, listing contributions and spending to the City Clerk.
"The problem is," he added, "the (city) clerk has no enforcement ability."
The city clerk's office probably would beg to differ.
"The reason for the school board this year becoming a member is mainly because of the services that can be rendered around policy, and to make sure policies of the board are matching (other districts)," she said.
Gatsas suggested that it wasn't worth $7,700 just to have another set of eyes review the district's policy book.
Levasseur and Sullivan, each in their own way, challenged AT&T's contention that the Mammoth Road location was the only viable place for a tower. Levasseur noted that his wife has AT&T. "In fact, my wife keeps telling me I should get on AT&T because she doesn't have any dropped calls," he told the board.
After the hearing, she said she was happy to have an ally in Levasseur, at least on this cause. "What's that they say? The enemy of my enemy is my friend sometimes," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Gatsas continues job-consolidation mantra - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Video machines and gambling: What gambling? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: 'Sexting' episode on Facebook becomes topic in real world - 13
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester Supt. Livingston won't explain modified school standards - 0
- Manchester aldermen go extra, roundabout mile to see firefighter hired - 3
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester school board should be proud of its accomplishments - 1
- Manchester police looking at a possible shift in Maras - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Discussion of tax cap override laced with drama - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Fate of hockey arena put on ice for time being - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 8
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m