Home » Opinion » Editorials
Hunting season: No time to be careless
That's good advice, particularly as New Hampshire gears up for hunting season.
Pheasant season has started. Deer season won't be far behind.
Everyone needs to pay extra heed, and the incident to which Atty. Bell referred bears sad witness to that.
One man died two years ago in the New Hampshire woods, and last week a second man was convicted of negligent homicide and reckless conduct.
So one father, son and brother is dead and another man will spend years behind bars.
"Whether he was wearing a tuxedo or a Scuba outfit doesn't matter," Atty. Bell said. "When you fire a bullet, you own it."
Be careful out there.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 31
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 22
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 68
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
- Playing chicken: Treating voters like idiots - 0
- Perry’s indictment: An abuse of the legal system - 24
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate