NHIAA Football: Latimore, Pinkerton roll over Londonderry
Pinkerton extended its Division I winning streak to three games by beating rival Londonderry, 35-14, Saturday night as part of Mack Plaque weekend.
The Astros received a rushing touchdown from fullback Matt Madden, and one from Hanaway. The Astros led 7-0 after one quarter, 14-0 at halftime and 28-7 entering the fourth.
After Latimore's kickoff return helped Pinkerton build a 21-0 lead, Londonderry answered when Jon Young scored on a 75-yard run with 11:22 to play in the third.
After Londonderry made it 28-14 on a 9-yard TD pass from quarterback Aaron Gaudet to Eric Fairweather and Justin Olin's PAT with 6:57 to play, Pinkerton answered on a 14-yard TD run by Hanaway with 2:07 left.
Things won't get any easier for the Lancers next weekend, when they will play at unbeaten Concord (4-0). Pinkerton can extend its winning streak to four games when it plays at Manchester Memorial (1-3) on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scott Brown readies move to NH; reaches out to key NH Republicans - 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840