NHIAA Football: Latimore, Pinkerton roll over Londonderry
Pinkerton extended its Division I winning streak to three games by beating rival Londonderry, 35-14, Saturday night as part of Mack Plaque weekend.
The Astros received a rushing touchdown from fullback Matt Madden, and one from Hanaway. The Astros led 7-0 after one quarter, 14-0 at halftime and 28-7 entering the fourth.
After Latimore's kickoff return helped Pinkerton build a 21-0 lead, Londonderry answered when Jon Young scored on a 75-yard run with 11:22 to play in the third.
After Londonderry made it 28-14 on a 9-yard TD pass from quarterback Aaron Gaudet to Eric Fairweather and Justin Olin's PAT with 6:57 to play, Pinkerton answered on a 14-yard TD run by Hanaway with 2:07 left.
Things won't get any easier for the Lancers next weekend, when they will play at unbeaten Concord (4-0). Pinkerton can extend its winning streak to four games when it plays at Manchester Memorial (1-3) on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
There are no little jobs in the armed forces
Granite Grok - Steve MacDonald: Anti-libertarian Dem. Cynthia Chase turns attention to home education
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840