Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: NASCAR, comics and question of the week
"About the NASCAR article on front page of Sat. paper. Aren't we supposed to conserve fuel, not run around in a circle, like a bunch of morons.
Gosh, I wish readers would tell me how they really feel about the paper.
But this writer signed his name, so he gets credit for that. I will be kind and not divulge it to the "morons" who drive the NASCAR circuit. Some of them are pretty tough, and I don't just mean Danica Patrick.
I also think many of the old TV shows were better, especially when it comes to shows for kids. "Leave it to Beaver" and "The Brady Bunch" still hold up pretty well and teach life lessons without being preachy and certainly without resorting to the gutter language and themes of today's TV fare. Come to think of it, there are no comparably good shows for kids today, not at least that I have run across.
Why didn't she turn herself into a pumpkin?
My own question of the week: Is it still the America's Cup when the winning "American" team has only one American on the crew?
The fix may be as easy as using the "clear cached web content" feature on your web browser, be it Firefox or Google Chrome or something else.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Drop-off zones at Central prove effective - 0
- Longview School science teacher lauded - 0
- ConVal students get a taste of Hollywood - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 2
- Snow hits New Hampshire, Manchester and Portsmouth declare snow emergencies - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 2
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 1
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos