Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man stabbed in hand, iPhone stolen outside Manchester club
MANCHESTER - A robber stole a man's cellphone and stabbed him in the hand in an incident early Sunday morning outside an Old Granite Street club.
The Springfield, Mass., resident, who was injured, said he and a friend had just left Drynk at 20 Old Granite St. about 1 a.m. Sunday when a man he didn't know approached them and ask them about going to a party. Police said the victim did not trust the other man, tried to walk away and end the conversation.
It was then he realized he'd been stabbed in the hand and robbed of his cellphone.
Police said the man does not recall being stabbed, but he sustained an injury consistent with a stab wound. He described his assailant as a black man, about 5-foot-9 and weighing 170 pounds. He was last seen running in the alley east of Drynk wearing a black hat, but there is no description of his clothing.
A short time later, police said they located a crime scene and identified a solid suspect. Police are preparing warrants for the man's arrest.
The injured man was treated at the Elliot Hospital for a non-life-threatening cut to his hand.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 31
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917