Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Man stabbed in hand, iPhone stolen outside Manchester club
MANCHESTER - A robber stole a man's cellphone and stabbed him in the hand in an incident early Sunday morning outside an Old Granite Street club.
The Springfield, Mass., resident, who was injured, said he and a friend had just left Drynk at 20 Old Granite St. about 1 a.m. Sunday when a man he didn't know approached them and ask them about going to a party. Police said the victim did not trust the other man, tried to walk away and end the conversation.
It was then he realized he'd been stabbed in the hand and robbed of his cellphone.
Police said the man does not recall being stabbed, but he sustained an injury consistent with a stab wound. He described his assailant as a black man, about 5-foot-9 and weighing 170 pounds. He was last seen running in the alley east of Drynk wearing a black hat, but there is no description of his clothing.
A short time later, police said they located a crime scene and identified a solid suspect. Police are preparing warrants for the man's arrest.
The injured man was treated at the Elliot Hospital for a non-life-threatening cut to his hand.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'