Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Man stabbed in hand, iPhone stolen outside Manchester club
MANCHESTER - A robber stole a man's cellphone and stabbed him in the hand in an incident early Sunday morning outside an Old Granite Street club.
The Springfield, Mass., resident, who was injured, said he and a friend had just left Drynk at 20 Old Granite St. about 1 a.m. Sunday when a man he didn't know approached them and ask them about going to a party. Police said the victim did not trust the other man, tried to walk away and end the conversation.
It was then he realized he'd been stabbed in the hand and robbed of his cellphone.
Police said the man does not recall being stabbed, but he sustained an injury consistent with a stab wound. He described his assailant as a black man, about 5-foot-9 and weighing 170 pounds. He was last seen running in the alley east of Drynk wearing a black hat, but there is no description of his clothing.
A short time later, police said they located a crime scene and identified a solid suspect. Police are preparing warrants for the man's arrest.
The injured man was treated at the Elliot Hospital for a non-life-threatening cut to his hand.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Boston police arrest 29 teens at house party - 1
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 2
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 1
- Manchester Crime Watch: City man sought to fight charge representing himself - 0
- Chilling display of Mazzaglia evidence - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917