Concord, Deerfield school contract talks continue
Members of both school boards and district officials will meet at the Concord SAU building to see if a new 10-year contract can be worked out.
Concord School Board member Nick Metalious agreed, saying, "I don't think you can ever say never in a situation like this."
"We are negotiating with Concord as we speak, but everything is subject to change. It is a very fluid situation that is still all up in the air. All schools are on the table right now even though we are not negotiating with other schools at the moment," Gorman said.
"No question Concord is one of the best districts in the state. It has had a good working relationship with Deerfield. It is an excellent situation and excellent school, however, with anything else it is supply and demand and there are other schools out there needing students we have had preliminary negotiations with," he said.
If an agreement is not worked out by midnight, officials from both sides said it would not affect the current 200 or so Deerfield high school students enrolled at Concord.
Despite shopping around, Gorman said that Concord was never kept out of the loop and was never ruled out as an option.
"While I am not on the negotiations committee, from what I hear and what I understand things are going very well. No bickering, no he said she said type of stuff. I don't know if an agreement will be hammered out, I have no idea. I would like to see one though, but that is my own personal opinion and hope. But that is up to the negotiation committee for both districts."
"The number of rumors running around, ever since we started this process is just unbelievable. I mean we could go (to Pembroke), there are no absolutes at this point," Gorman said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Britain's Prince William and wife, Kate, expecting second baby - 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 22
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation