Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Waiting for Gronkowski isn't easy
GRONKOWSKI was officially questionable for the game, as was receiver Danny Amendola, but neither made the trip to Atlanta, and thus they led New England's list of inactives.
WHEN Tom Brady took to the Georgia Dome turf on Sunday night, the Patriots' quarterback had a record of 3-0 this season. And so did his former backups.
Earlier Sunday, Brian Hoyer won his second straight start since assuming the helm of the Browns' offense, with Cleveland upsetting the Cincinnati squad that New England encounters next week, 17-6. Hoyer threw for 269 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, an efficient performance that put the Brows into an early tie atop the AFC North, knotted with the Bengals and Ravens, all at 2-2.
WELL, the AFC North looks mediocre thus far, might the AFC East be emerging as a better division than many expected? A quarter of the way through the campaign, there are indications that it could be.
Miami is 3-0 entering a Monday Night Football tilt, while Sunday afternoon Buffalo improved to 2-2 by beating Baltimore, 23-20, in a game where the Bills controlled the clock and opened up a 16-point second-half lead on the reigning champions. Later in the day the Jets lost to the Titans, though that signified the first time this season that an AFC East team had lost a game outside the division.
Dave D'Onofrio covers the Patriots for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. His e-mail address is email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Divisions still under discussion - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats' fortunes at Maine may rest with the big guys - 0
- Monarchs continue their battle of the Atlantic - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 1
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list