Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Woman shot, killed after police chase
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin confirmed that the woman died of gunshot wounds after being shot by a state trooper near the intersection of Dave Street and Kennard Road, just north of Mammoth Road.
He would not confirm information about the chase, or say whether more than one trooper opened fire after the woman's car struck a state police cruiser.
"For right now, everything else is under investigation," he said. An autopsy is planned later Tuesday, Strelzin said.
The two-door sedan and a damaged New Hampshire State Police cruiser remained parked at the scene as investigators set up cones and reconstructed the events. State police pursued the driver from Bow to exit 9S on I-93 and into a residential area just south of McIntyre Ski Area.
At least 10 Manchester police evidence cones — often used to pinpoint shell casings — were in front of the car, whose front driver's side door was open.
Robert Britton, who lives across from Dave Street, said he was watching television about 6:30 p.m. when he heard eight to 10 gunshots.
"It sounded like somebody was squeezing off an automatic weapon rapid fire," he said.
Ryan Laliberte, who lives just across Mammoth Road from the shooting scene, said he heard several "pops" and initially thought it was fireworks before realizing it was gunfire.
Britton and his wife, Kathy, said a fire truck arrived, and paramedics quickly took the driver out of the car.
The Brittons said a police officer later spoke to them and said the driver, a woman, was being pursued on Interstate 93 by state police.
She got off at Exit 9S, weaved through residential neighborhoods, and then struck a cruiser as it tried to block her.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 1
- Former Sullivan County Humane Society treasurer pleads guilty to embezzlement - 0
- Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting - 0
- Litchfield man found stabbed - 0
- Driver charged with biting state trooper on I-93 - 5
- Autopsy shows Rochester man shot by officers 3 times - 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police search for bank robber - 0
- As city health costs soar, ‘wellness’ post pushed in Manchester - 8
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
- Total Votes: 917