Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Woman shot, killed after police chase
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin confirmed that the woman died of gunshot wounds after being shot by a state trooper near the intersection of Dave Street and Kennard Road, just north of Mammoth Road.
He would not confirm information about the chase, or say whether more than one trooper opened fire after the woman's car struck a state police cruiser.
"For right now, everything else is under investigation," he said. An autopsy is planned later Tuesday, Strelzin said.
The two-door sedan and a damaged New Hampshire State Police cruiser remained parked at the scene as investigators set up cones and reconstructed the events. State police pursued the driver from Bow to exit 9S on I-93 and into a residential area just south of McIntyre Ski Area.
At least 10 Manchester police evidence cones — often used to pinpoint shell casings — were in front of the car, whose front driver's side door was open.
Robert Britton, who lives across from Dave Street, said he was watching television about 6:30 p.m. when he heard eight to 10 gunshots.
"It sounded like somebody was squeezing off an automatic weapon rapid fire," he said.
Ryan Laliberte, who lives just across Mammoth Road from the shooting scene, said he heard several "pops" and initially thought it was fireworks before realizing it was gunfire.
Britton and his wife, Kathy, said a fire truck arrived, and paramedics quickly took the driver out of the car.
The Brittons said a police officer later spoke to them and said the driver, a woman, was being pursued on Interstate 93 by state police.
She got off at Exit 9S, weaved through residential neighborhoods, and then struck a cruiser as it tried to block her.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus