Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Report of armed man puts Kingston school in lockdown
A short time later, authorities converged on Soucy's Danville residence where he and a female were taken into custody.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said Soucy is the only person considered a suspect in the incident, and that the female was later released and isn't expected to face charges.
"There was an allegation that there was, and we're trying to confirm it," Vetter said.
The investigation continues and additional charges are possible, police said.
School Superintendent Brian Blake issued a statement shortly after 1:30 p.m. to say the situation was under control.
"At approximately 12:15 p.m. ... school administrators were notified of a potential security issue involving a weapon outside of the school building," Blake said in his statement."The school took immediate action by notifying the Kingston Police Department and placed the school into a lockdown," he said. "The Kingston Police Department, in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies, responded, deemed the school to be safe, and determined that no weapon had entered the building."The incident alarmed many parents and students.
"It was kind of confusing. We heard the cops and cruisers, and wondered what was happening," he said.
He said students remained in their classrooms with the doors locked."I was concerned, being his first day," said his father, Brian.Anyone with information regarding the investigation is asked to contact State Police Sgt. Melissa Robles or Trooper John Kelly at 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal