Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Report of armed man puts Kingston school in lockdown
A short time later, authorities converged on Soucy's Danville residence where he and a female were taken into custody.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said Soucy is the only person considered a suspect in the incident, and that the female was later released and isn't expected to face charges.
"There was an allegation that there was, and we're trying to confirm it," Vetter said.
The investigation continues and additional charges are possible, police said.
School Superintendent Brian Blake issued a statement shortly after 1:30 p.m. to say the situation was under control.
"At approximately 12:15 p.m. ... school administrators were notified of a potential security issue involving a weapon outside of the school building," Blake said in his statement."The school took immediate action by notifying the Kingston Police Department and placed the school into a lockdown," he said. "The Kingston Police Department, in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies, responded, deemed the school to be safe, and determined that no weapon had entered the building."The incident alarmed many parents and students.
"It was kind of confusing. We heard the cops and cruisers, and wondered what was happening," he said.
He said students remained in their classrooms with the doors locked."I was concerned, being his first day," said his father, Brian.Anyone with information regarding the investigation is asked to contact State Police Sgt. Melissa Robles or Trooper John Kelly at 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting - 0
- Litchfield man found stabbed - 0
- Driver charged with biting state trooper on I-93 - 5
- Autopsy shows Rochester man shot by officers 3 times - 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 3
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced
- Total Votes: 917