Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Report of armed man puts Kingston school in lockdown
A short time later, authorities converged on Soucy's Danville residence where he and a female were taken into custody.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said Soucy is the only person considered a suspect in the incident, and that the female was later released and isn't expected to face charges.
"There was an allegation that there was, and we're trying to confirm it," Vetter said.
The investigation continues and additional charges are possible, police said.
School Superintendent Brian Blake issued a statement shortly after 1:30 p.m. to say the situation was under control.
"At approximately 12:15 p.m. ... school administrators were notified of a potential security issue involving a weapon outside of the school building," Blake said in his statement."The school took immediate action by notifying the Kingston Police Department and placed the school into a lockdown," he said. "The Kingston Police Department, in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies, responded, deemed the school to be safe, and determined that no weapon had entered the building."The incident alarmed many parents and students.
"It was kind of confusing. We heard the cops and cruisers, and wondered what was happening," he said.
He said students remained in their classrooms with the doors locked."I was concerned, being his first day," said his father, Brian.Anyone with information regarding the investigation is asked to contact State Police Sgt. Melissa Robles or Trooper John Kelly at 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 30
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 0
- Accused Goffstown embezzler freed on reduced bail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424