Home » News » Public Safety
Swanzey teen dies in Alstead rollover
ALSTEAD – A Swanzey teen was killed in a crash in the early morning hours Tuesday, and another local teen was injured.
Jacob Nash, 17, of Swanzey, was found dead at the scene when state police responded to a report of a single motor vehicle rollover on the Gilsum Mine Road at 2:47 a.m.
Passenger Hayden Wilmott, 18, of Alstead, was treated at the scene for non-life-threatening injuries.
The teens had not been wearing seat belts when Nash failed to negotiate a right curve and went off the left side of the road and struck a large rock, state police said.
Preliminary investigation results indicate Nash was driving the southbound 1995 Subaru Impreza at a high rate of speed.
The vehicle rolled over multiple times, then came to a rest in the southbound travel lane.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod