Home » News » Public Safety
Swanzey teen dies in Alstead rollover
ALSTEAD – A Swanzey teen was killed in a crash in the early morning hours Tuesday, and another local teen was injured.
Jacob Nash, 17, of Swanzey, was found dead at the scene when state police responded to a report of a single motor vehicle rollover on the Gilsum Mine Road at 2:47 a.m.
Passenger Hayden Wilmott, 18, of Alstead, was treated at the scene for non-life-threatening injuries.
The teens had not been wearing seat belts when Nash failed to negotiate a right curve and went off the left side of the road and struck a large rock, state police said.
Preliminary investigation results indicate Nash was driving the southbound 1995 Subaru Impreza at a high rate of speed.
The vehicle rolled over multiple times, then came to a rest in the southbound travel lane.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief