Home » News » Public Safety
Swanzey teen dies in Alstead rollover
ALSTEAD – A Swanzey teen was killed in a crash in the early morning hours Tuesday, and another local teen was injured.
Jacob Nash, 17, of Swanzey, was found dead at the scene when state police responded to a report of a single motor vehicle rollover on the Gilsum Mine Road at 2:47 a.m.
Passenger Hayden Wilmott, 18, of Alstead, was treated at the scene for non-life-threatening injuries.
The teens had not been wearing seat belts when Nash failed to negotiate a right curve and went off the left side of the road and struck a large rock, state police said.
Preliminary investigation results indicate Nash was driving the southbound 1995 Subaru Impreza at a high rate of speed.
The vehicle rolled over multiple times, then came to a rest in the southbound travel lane.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax