Home » News » Public Safety
Swanzey teen dies in Alstead rollover
ALSTEAD – A Swanzey teen was killed in a crash in the early morning hours Tuesday, and another local teen was injured.
Jacob Nash, 17, of Swanzey, was found dead at the scene when state police responded to a report of a single motor vehicle rollover on the Gilsum Mine Road at 2:47 a.m.
Passenger Hayden Wilmott, 18, of Alstead, was treated at the scene for non-life-threatening injuries.
The teens had not been wearing seat belts when Nash failed to negotiate a right curve and went off the left side of the road and struck a large rock, state police said.
Preliminary investigation results indicate Nash was driving the southbound 1995 Subaru Impreza at a high rate of speed.
The vehicle rolled over multiple times, then came to a rest in the southbound travel lane.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072