Home » News » Public Safety
Suspicious box at Alvirne High School not a threat
HUDSON — A suspicious package found in the parking lot at Alvirne High School early Monday evening ultimately presented no danger, but police weren’t taking any chances.
Hudson Police responded to reports of the suspicious metal box, located in the center of the parking lot behind the school, at approximately 5 p.m., according to Police Lt. Kevin DiNapoli.
While there were no classes in session at the time, several groups of students were on campus for various after-school activities.
Members of the Nashua Police Department’s Hazardous Device Unit were promptly called to the scene, where the unidentified item was inspected and later destroyed.
It was later determined that the device was “not suspicious in nature.”
No one was injured during the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket