Home » News » Public Safety
Suspicious box at Alvirne High School not a threat
HUDSON — A suspicious package found in the parking lot at Alvirne High School early Monday evening ultimately presented no danger, but police weren’t taking any chances.
Hudson Police responded to reports of the suspicious metal box, located in the center of the parking lot behind the school, at approximately 5 p.m., according to Police Lt. Kevin DiNapoli.
While there were no classes in session at the time, several groups of students were on campus for various after-school activities.
Members of the Nashua Police Department’s Hazardous Device Unit were promptly called to the scene, where the unidentified item was inspected and later destroyed.
It was later determined that the device was “not suspicious in nature.”
No one was injured during the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing