action:frontpage | category:NEWS07 | adString:N/A | zoneID:17

Home » News » Public Safety

September 30. 2013 10:45PM

Fire damages Manchester apartment building

MANCHESTER — A Monday afternoon fire damaged a rear apartment of the Boylston Home rooming house at 86 Mammoth Road. The residents, most of them young men, gathered outside the rooming house, which is close to the intersection of Somerville Street and Mammoth Road.

"I was in the shower and all soapy. I heard the alarm and thought somebody probably just burned popcorn," said David Suman. They said the fire started in an apartment that two women recently rented and is in the rear of the building. Passersby corralled two kittens some residents had rescued from the apartment.

Fire officials said the structure is a former orphanage and has about 36 rooms. District Fire Chief Jim Michael was unsure Monday afternoon whether most of the residents would be able to return to their rooms Monday night.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events