Home » News » Public Safety
It burst into flames about 9 p.m. Saturday night, a couple of hundred feet from the Christmas Island Steakhouse and North Pole Tavern, where a Laconia High School graduating class was holding its 30th reunion. Some alumni and restaurant customers were in the parking lot just minutes before the fire was reported, he said.
Erickson said there is no question the fire's origin is suspicious.
He said it is not unusual for the BATF to become part of the investigation. Agents are working with the New Hampshire Fire Marshal's Office, Laconia fire and Laconia police, he said.
The previous weekend, a three-alarm fire destroyed Skate Escape, a roller-skating rink located on Court Street in downtown Laconia. "The devastation hit hard — memorabilia and all of our skate supplies, etc. were taken from us in the fire," the owners, Janine Page and Erica Duncan, wrote on the Skate Escape Facebook page the day after the fire.
A fire also damaged the linen facility associated with Lakes Region General Hospital that weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition