Forest protection society closing in on money needed to preserve 500 acres in Mont Vernon
The land is owned by the Wilkins family and includes five parcels located throughout Mont Vernon and Amherst. The family, which has operated Wilkins Lumber Company for eight generations, has agreed to sell five easements to the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Closing the season in style - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Bedford student wins French oratorical contest - 0
- Bobby Long brainstorms trip back to acoustic roots - 0
- Tom Chapin is talking numbers: specifically, '70' - 0
- NH Club Notes: Danbury Grange to host benefit for fire victim - 0
- St. Patrick celebrations culminate with Manchester parade - 0
- Adam Ezra Group brings road trip to Granite State this spring - 0
- Astrology and Psychic Fair planned - 0
- Egg-citing Easter egg hunts starting across Granite State - 0
On your mark, get set — gather sap
Craftsmen's gallery offers 'Spring Fever'
NH's maple sap isn't as sweet as it once was
George Will: Who says economics is hard?
Falling clam juice prompts lawsuit
Cries of wolf: Another sound of spring
Dave Solomon's Power Plays: 'Stay away from eminent domain,' builders of planned gas pipeline are told