Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Woman shot by police had sped off from traffic stop, nearly hit person, AG statement says
"They pretty much executed her," said a grieving Charles Peter, who has dated Lawrence for 3 1/2 years.
Peter said Lawrence, who just turned 44 and lived in Canterbury, had left his Warner home and was on her way to Concord late Monday afternoon. On Monday night, residents said Manchester police told them that state police had been pursuing the car from Bow. The driver had exited Interstate 93 at 9S, weaved through neighborhoods and rammed a state police cruiser that pulled in front of her, according to accounts neighbors relayed from police.
By Tuesday morning, the police cars, ambulances, investigators and crowds were gone from the intersection of Dave Street and Kennard Road. A sprinkling of sand was on the pavement where the shooting took place in the North End neighborhood.
"We are not in a position to comment on the facts yet, since we are still in the early stages of the investigation," he wrote in an email.
Court records viewed Tuesday show Lawrence had been arrested for assaulting her boyfriend, multiple charges of marijuana possession, violation of a restraining order and drunken driving.
In the domestic violence case, Lawrence was accused of assaulting Charles Peter on Sept. 15, 2012. She was also accused of hitting Peter in the face and leaving a mark, and breaking a telephone to prevent him from calling police.
He teared up as he visited the shooting scene, spoke to reporters and embraced friends. One was Gary Boulac, Lawrence's ex-husband, who lives just around the corner from where she was shot.
Boulac said he met her at the Suncook American Legion, and Peter said she was a member of the VFW-Auxiliary.
No sirens heard
Meanwhile, another neighbor said that no sirens preceded the several gunshots she heard about 6:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth