Londonderry elementary students: The nature of learning through art
Robinson, a Moultonborough resident and member of the state Council on the Arts' Resident Artist Program, is spending time enjoying the sunshine and students all this week as part of the traveling program.
Fully funded through grants by the state Council on the Arts, the program has been a fixture at South School for the past decade. Previous artists have included tile designers, weavers, painters, poets, folk singers and landscape artists.
"It will be one, great big 'communi-tree'," Robinson said with a laugh.
Each notebook has spaces for the youngsters to sketch scenes from the school's outdoor garden and courtyard area, while jotting down their thoughts, poems and prose.
"It's based on the idea of making connections to the natural environment that we're all a part of," she said. "So it's art with a message."
It's a message that's easily translated to students of all ages, from preschoolers to senior citizens.
Connors said students look forward to working with real-life artists each year, and fundraising efforts in the school community help match the state grant funds to keep the program going.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 54
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 3
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project