Exeter girls blank Bedford, stay unbeaten in soccer
To a player, coach and even an AD, it seems no one in Blue Hawks country knows exactly how many consecutive games the girls’ soccer team has won.
Take note, Exeter fans. Your 8-0 team has won 32 straight games and is ranked No. 1 in the weekly Region 1 National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll.
Estey, a junior who scored twice, echoed her coaches’ thoughts about the impressive winning streak. “We don’t think about it until someone brings it up.” As for Vogt, she said remaining on an even keel is the right way to handle a long winning streak.
Bedford entered the contest 7-0-1 in Division I but it didn’t take the Bulldogs long see first-hand why Exeter is tough to beat.
“Compared to last year, I thought Bedford played with more confidence today,” said Estey. “But when Anna scored to give us a two-goal lead, we could see their (Bedford’s) heads drop.” Exeter has scored 33 goals and, with six shutout wins, has allowed only four goals this season.
The game is on grass, which should be an advantage for Pinkerton. But Estey noted “we practice on grass. So it’s not like we don’t know how to play on it. We’ll be fine.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan