Exeter girls blank Bedford, stay unbeaten in soccer
To a player, coach and even an AD, it seems no one in Blue Hawks country knows exactly how many consecutive games the girls’ soccer team has won.
Take note, Exeter fans. Your 8-0 team has won 32 straight games and is ranked No. 1 in the weekly Region 1 National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll.
Estey, a junior who scored twice, echoed her coaches’ thoughts about the impressive winning streak. “We don’t think about it until someone brings it up.” As for Vogt, she said remaining on an even keel is the right way to handle a long winning streak.
Bedford entered the contest 7-0-1 in Division I but it didn’t take the Bulldogs long see first-hand why Exeter is tough to beat.
“Compared to last year, I thought Bedford played with more confidence today,” said Estey. “But when Anna scored to give us a two-goal lead, we could see their (Bedford’s) heads drop.” Exeter has scored 33 goals and, with six shutout wins, has allowed only four goals this season.
The game is on grass, which should be an advantage for Pinkerton. But Estey noted “we practice on grass. So it’s not like we don’t know how to play on it. We’ll be fine.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ConVal students get a taste of Hollywood - 0
- Manchester school superintendent's contract renewed in secret session - 2
- Salem teachers, school board agree to two-year contract - 1
- Hillside Middle School is state winner in Samsung science contest - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 10
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings