Exeter girls blank Bedford, stay unbeaten in soccer
To a player, coach and even an AD, it seems no one in Blue Hawks country knows exactly how many consecutive games the girls’ soccer team has won.
Take note, Exeter fans. Your 8-0 team has won 32 straight games and is ranked No. 1 in the weekly Region 1 National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll.
Estey, a junior who scored twice, echoed her coaches’ thoughts about the impressive winning streak. “We don’t think about it until someone brings it up.” As for Vogt, she said remaining on an even keel is the right way to handle a long winning streak.
Bedford entered the contest 7-0-1 in Division I but it didn’t take the Bulldogs long see first-hand why Exeter is tough to beat.
“Compared to last year, I thought Bedford played with more confidence today,” said Estey. “But when Anna scored to give us a two-goal lead, we could see their (Bedford’s) heads drop.” Exeter has scored 33 goals and, with six shutout wins, has allowed only four goals this season.
The game is on grass, which should be an advantage for Pinkerton. But Estey noted “we practice on grass. So it’s not like we don’t know how to play on it. We’ll be fine.”
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice