Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Bay State man convicted of pillaging elderly woman's account
James Hughes, 53, of Dracut, Mass. was found guilty on Thursday of theft and fraudulent use of credit card charges in Rockingham County Superior Court. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
A jury found James Hughes, 53, guilty on Thursday morning around 9:30 a.m. on charges of felony theft and unauthorized use of a credit card for withdrawing about $9,000 in Salem between March 2009 and January 2010.
McHugh denied several motions by Hughes' public defender, Anthony Naro, to dismiss the charges, or declare a mistrial.
The jury had enough evidence to find that the number of transactions made at Rockingham Park and other gambling establishments could lead them to conclude that Hughes was stealing the money for his own use, McHugh said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom - 1
- Nashua couple's minivan stolen with toddler in back seat - 10
- Pelham store robbed Saturday - 0
- Woman charged with attacking fiancÚ, threatening him with a gun - 0
- Two months later, still no answers in killing near Stinson Lake - 0
- Man cited for OHRV use in wetland area in Stewartstown - 0
- $25M suit filed against jail, police by man paralyzed in custody - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917