UNH Republicans hear about debts they’ll have to cover
With the nation drowning in debt, Gault fears for his generation and the financial burden that lies ahead.
“I’ve got bad news for you. Your parents and grandparents just threw a heck of a party and you guys came home and there was a keg tipped over on the floor, beer everywhere. Someone tore down the shades and the TV is busted and you guys are going to have to clean it up,” Moore told the students.
“That’s going to be a huge issue and a huge drag on the economy, and that’s one of the reasons why we actively advocate for limited spending. We need to get our spending under control to make sure we have a growing economy because that’s the fastest way to pay off debt,” Moore said.
“We need to encourage people like you to understand and talk about it because we are losing,” he said.Senior Phil Boynton, president of the UNH College Republicans, said his goal has been to bring in people to share different opinions and viewpoints on the direction of the Republican Party.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 0
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
- George Will: Misreading Putin, and history - 4
- Rep. Kenneth Fredette: NH should avoid Maine’s Medicaid mistake - 5
- David Harsanyi: Social conservatives would benefit by embracing libertarianism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief