UNH Republicans hear about debts they’ll have to cover
With the nation drowning in debt, Gault fears for his generation and the financial burden that lies ahead.
“I’ve got bad news for you. Your parents and grandparents just threw a heck of a party and you guys came home and there was a keg tipped over on the floor, beer everywhere. Someone tore down the shades and the TV is busted and you guys are going to have to clean it up,” Moore told the students.
“That’s going to be a huge issue and a huge drag on the economy, and that’s one of the reasons why we actively advocate for limited spending. We need to get our spending under control to make sure we have a growing economy because that’s the fastest way to pay off debt,” Moore said.
“We need to encourage people like you to understand and talk about it because we are losing,” he said.Senior Phil Boynton, president of the UNH College Republicans, said his goal has been to bring in people to share different opinions and viewpoints on the direction of the Republican Party.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test