UNH Republicans hear about debts they’ll have to cover
With the nation drowning in debt, Gault fears for his generation and the financial burden that lies ahead.
“I’ve got bad news for you. Your parents and grandparents just threw a heck of a party and you guys came home and there was a keg tipped over on the floor, beer everywhere. Someone tore down the shades and the TV is busted and you guys are going to have to clean it up,” Moore told the students.
“That’s going to be a huge issue and a huge drag on the economy, and that’s one of the reasons why we actively advocate for limited spending. We need to get our spending under control to make sure we have a growing economy because that’s the fastest way to pay off debt,” Moore said.
“We need to encourage people like you to understand and talk about it because we are losing,” he said.Senior Phil Boynton, president of the UNH College Republicans, said his goal has been to bring in people to share different opinions and viewpoints on the direction of the Republican Party.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Alexandria support for wind farm not strong, officials say - 3
- Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project - 8
- NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path - 23
- Legislator calls for closing of Groton wind farm - 16
- PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay - 20
- Report on PSNH power plants heartens utility's competitors - 0
- NH high court to hear arguments on valuation of crude oil pipeline - 0
- More calls made to learn about past winter's energy price spike - 1
- Wind energy company cited for Groton violations - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 0
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
License revocations for DWI announced
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers