Oh, oh: Orgasm presentation at UNH causes a stir
"It's going to be a very educational event," said UNH senior Danielle Koppel, the organizational financial officer who voted to fund the event. "The way she hosts her lectures, it talks to students in a way that they want to hear, that they identify with."
But others don't believe an event such as tonight's lecture should be paid for with student activity fees.
"I don't see what the educational value is to a lecture or series of lectures like this at all," said Ashley Pratte, executive director of Cornerstone Action, a conservative advocacy organization.
Moore said he can't figure out how the orgasm lecture and a recent student group bringing in current or former prostitutes and strippers for a student forum, titled "Sex Workers Rights are Human Rights," helps in the university's rebranding campaign, which involves spending around $100,000 in private donations.
A university spokesman didn't respond to e-mail and phone inquiries seeking comment from the administration.
The free event, hosted by the Memorial Union Student Organization, starts at 6:30 p.m. in the Granite State Room.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
- Hope Chapel Nashua plans a little fun on Saturday - 0
- Haitian choir sings in Hollis on Sunday - 0
- Religion Calender for the Weeks of Aug. 3 and 10 - 0
- St. James church celebrates Jonathan Daniels’ 75th birthday - 0
- Fox interview with Ibrahim delayed - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim welcomed to NH; family says U.S. is offering asylum - 11
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 0
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 0
NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
ISIS beheads NH journalist
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies