Home » News » Public Safety
Ossipee barn destroyed in one-alarm fire
Center Ossipee Fire Chief Michael Brownell said the fire at 78 Moultonville Road was reported by multiple calls to 911 at 10:21 p.m.
Brownell said one challenge the fire presented was due to the barn’s close proximity to the road and firefighting equipment. Located just 12 or 15 feet from the road, firefighters came in close contact with the heat.
“The barn is basically a total loss. What was important is that the house that could have caught fire, did not catch fire,” said Brownell.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by Brownell and members of the New Hampshire Fire Marshal’s Office.
Brownell and inspectors spent time at the fire scene on Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072