Home » News » Public Safety
Ossipee barn destroyed in one-alarm fire
Center Ossipee Fire Chief Michael Brownell said the fire at 78 Moultonville Road was reported by multiple calls to 911 at 10:21 p.m.
Brownell said one challenge the fire presented was due to the barn’s close proximity to the road and firefighting equipment. Located just 12 or 15 feet from the road, firefighters came in close contact with the heat.
“The barn is basically a total loss. What was important is that the house that could have caught fire, did not catch fire,” said Brownell.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by Brownell and members of the New Hampshire Fire Marshal’s Office.
Brownell and inspectors spent time at the fire scene on Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'