In Rochester, an indoor tribute to veterans
Members of American Legion Post 7 plan to host the Indoor Cost of Freedom Tribute — which includes a 100-foot, double sized replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall – through Sunday inside their hall at 94 Eastern Ave.
The tribute – which is free and will open to the public throughout the day and night – also includes a display of gold "dog tags" depicting casualties since the Vietnam War, memorials for Sept. 11, 2001, and Fort Hood, information and photos about the Korean War, tributes for police and firefighters, artwork and documents.
"They may be more apt to relate to the names (on the memorials)," Talbot said, adding this presentation, which is meant to honor those who served, is for everyone.
For more information about the event, call Post 7 at 332-2024.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten