In Rochester, an indoor tribute to veterans
Members of American Legion Post 7 plan to host the Indoor Cost of Freedom Tribute — which includes a 100-foot, double sized replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall – through Sunday inside their hall at 94 Eastern Ave.
The tribute – which is free and will open to the public throughout the day and night – also includes a display of gold "dog tags" depicting casualties since the Vietnam War, memorials for Sept. 11, 2001, and Fort Hood, information and photos about the Korean War, tributes for police and firefighters, artwork and documents.
"They may be more apt to relate to the names (on the memorials)," Talbot said, adding this presentation, which is meant to honor those who served, is for everyone.
For more information about the event, call Post 7 at 332-2024.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
- NH veterans get a deal at Amesbury Sports Park - 0
- VA Medical Center to host open house - 0
- Parents of fallen SEAL will speak in Hollis - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 1
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video